In the interest of the health and safety of our Scouts and leaders, Central Florida Council continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation in Florida and worldwide. Following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC,) and national/state/local phased-approach to reopening, Camp La-No-Che is OPEN and accepting camper registrations.
May 20, 2021
The Central Florida Council’s Covid-19 Response Policies are still in place, however adjustments are being made in keeping with the most current CDC guidance (13 May 2021) and state/local guidelines. The “briefing” below are meant as a summary of major changes; the “detailed” document that follows is a more comprehensive set of guidelines being updated by the Central Florida Council, effective immediately, and apply to ALL CENTRAL FLORIDA COUNCIL programs, events, meetings, and activities. Unless specifically noted as “Camp La-No-Che,” all policies/procedures are expected to be followed at any/all functions involving Scouts or Scouters in Central Florida Council.
Updates in Breif: Please refer to the PDF document linked below for additional detailed guidance.
• Camp sanitation protocols remain unchanged. Unit leadership will be briefed on camper expectations are a Leader Meeting after arrival at all events and activities. At Camp La-No-Che, supplies will be available in each Campsite and Program Areas for cleaning purposes.
• Camp La-No-Che Gate access is being opened from 8 am to 8 pm on most days, unless event check in requires a closed gate process. Attendees, visitors, and guests must follow the directions on signage upon arrival and check in at the Office or as directed.
• Temperature checks are being suspended. Camper health monitoring should be managed by Unit and Event leadership.
• Masks are still a requirement for all campers, however they are no longer required when social distancing inside or out is possible or for vaccinated Campers. Voluntary use of masks in all situations is still encouraged. If circumstances do not allow appropriate camper distancing, you will be asked to wear a mask. Masks are available free of charge from all Camp Staff and personnel.
• All Staff, particularly those engaged in food preparation and food service, will still be required to wear a mask while engaged in indoor tasks.
A comprehensive review of “what’s new” is available for review here:
Covid-19 policies NOT addressed in the detailed update document above should be considered in effect until further notice. For additional guidance and expectations review the following Guides previously published by the Central Florida Council:
Camp La-No-Che COVID-19 Prescreening & Agreement Form:
All campers (youth and adult) MUST review and complete this form. Campers may complete the two-page form ON PAPER (download and print form below) or ONLINE (use the “Online Submission” button. Paper copies must be turned in upon arrival; online submissions will be noted in our database and confirmed with you upon arrival.
PLEASE COMPLETE PRE-SCREENING IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING WAYS: